Monday, February 21, 2011

Toboggan Run!!!!








The girls and I went up to Mom and Dad's new cottage on the lake last weekend for a quick visit. We were very impressed by the progress they have made fixing the place up. It is really coming along :) While we were up there I took Ellie and Ansley to the toboggan run in a nearby state park. We were excited to try it, but not prepared for how hard it would be. We had to wait an hour to get a sled, so we watched for a while and played in the snow. The time flew by and the girls were having fun. When it was our turn we went in to get the sled and wow was it big and heavy. Me being the only adult, I had to carry it. We got in line and when it was our turn we loved it!! It was so fast and really a lot of fun!! The tobogan run is around 1/4mile or so and at the end you get up and carry the 7 ft long solid wood sled back up the hill to get in line again. I did it, but it was awkward and very heavy!! After just two runs we were done. I am not sure I would have made it back up the hill carrying that a third time...time to work out I suppose:)
We are looking forward to going back next year, but will make sure we have two adults :)

No comments: