We got a call late Saturday afternoon asking if we were available for a hot air balloon ride (a gift from Rick's parents for Christmas). We had no other plans so we decided to go for it. We got ready and told the girls just before we left. Ansley ran around screaming in excitement and Ellie cried (no real surprise there). After pizza with Nana and Bubba we were off. It was a fun experience for everyone. I had never seen a hot air balloon blown up and prepared for flight before. The girls enjoyed running around and watching it all happen. When it was time to get in I think Ansley got a little nervous, but she hopped in and off we went. It was sort of scary I have to admit, but definitely a cool experience. We were up in the air about 45 minutes and got to fly right over town. People came running out of their houses and waved and yelled up at us. Ansley did cry through about half of the ride because she didn't like the fire part, but she managed to look out some too. She loved seeing the McDonalds sign from way up high.
After scouting out a place to land we came down very smoothly. It was something I had always wanted to do and enjoyed the entire experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment