Ellie had her first dance competition this Saturday and she loved it. After watching her cousin perform in a few she was ready to be out there herself. I was very impressed and proud of how the afternoon went. The girls performed just as they had practiced and really did a great job. I have to admit I was only watching Ellie and she was perfect in my opinion :) After performing their teacher gave them a goody bag with candy and a bag of silly bands (very popular right now with that age group). Then when they came back to the dressing room all of the older girls clapped and cheered for them. The first thing Ellie said was "I want to do it again". After some fun shopping with Nana we went in for awards. Ellie was excited to sit up on the stage with her group. They did way better than we had expected. Their number, Route 66, was called out for three awards. That was so special for them (and the parents) to hear their name called out so many times. They recieved High Gold, Winner of Recrecation category, and Future Stars. Way to go Ellie!!!
Thanks to Nana for going all the way out there with us. The three of us had a great time :)
No comments:
Post a Comment