Sunday, January 10, 2010

Annual Downtown Hotel Trip




We went downtown just before New Years for our annual hotel trip. The girls still really enjoy staying in the hotel, riding the elevator, swimming and jumping on the beds. This year we started with an arcade and then went to watch The Princess and the Frog. It was a cute movie and the older girls really enjoyed it! Aliya did pretty well, but we had to take her out a few times.

After the movie we went back to the hotel room to have some fun jumping on the beds, I really think this is the girls favorite part of the trip! We had dinner out and then got out our entire suitcase of games to play. I have to say the game playing did not go that well this year. Ansley was in a mood and ended up getting in trouble and going to bed. However Ellie, Rick, and I stayed up and played a few more games. Ellie enjoyed feeling like a big kid staying up later than her sisters.

In the morning we went down to the pool which was crowded at 9am believe it or not. Ellie swam all over the pool, Ansley stayed by side but did put her head under, and Aliya had the best time splashing. She absolutely loves being in the water. We laughed because the swimsuit I brought for her was from last summer and I could barley get it on her. She looked like a stuffed sausage...too funny!

It was a nice get away for the family. I always look forward to it and dread the day the girls think they are too old or cool to go with their parents.

No comments: