Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A schedule that is working!



Well after 10 weeks of sleepless nights and Rick on the couch I decided it was time to put Aliya on a schedule. After a friend reminded me of the Baby Wise method I dug out the book that had been given to me before Ellie was born. I quickly read it and began trying it and it is working !! I am very happy to report that Aliya is sleeping in her bassinet on her own (she had been mostly sleeping with me) and only waking up at approx 2:30 and 5:30 after going to bed at 10. This may sound awful to those of you with older children, but it is great for me! I am sleeping finally and hopefully Rick will be off of the couch soon. Aliya is also happier for the most part, so the schedule is good for all. Now if I can only stick to it :)

1 comment:

natalie said...

I'm so glad that Aliya is doing better. It is common sense that being on a schedule is good for babies, but with kindergarten and preschool, it it hard to keep a consistent routine. I am still juggling our schedule to at least give Greta ONE good nap each day. Good luck. So glad that she is sleeping better at nights too!