Saturday, October 27, 2012

Dance Recital 2012

The dance recital was later this year which had its positive and negative aspects.  We did have more time to prepare but I felt like summer did not begin until we finished dance for the year.  (well school year)  The girls did an awesome job!  It was bittersweet because it was Ansley's last dance recital and Ellie's last year in her current group since she was chosen to move up a level.

Aliya was adorable in her tap dance and did a wonderful job!  I really loved watching her perform and I could tell she loves being up on stage!

Ansley was in 5 dances this year with a lot of hair changes.  This was a challenge since she has very short hair, but we made it work!  She really is a performer and shines on stage.  She truly makes you feel like she is loving every second of it.  I know she will shine just as bright in her new cheerleading career, but it was sad for me knowing that was her last time up on the stage.

Ellie had a great performance in all of her dances.  The shining moment was her big part in the Angels and Demons ballet put on by the entire Troupe.  She was the captured angel and was on stage almost the entire ballet.  I was just overjoyed that she got this opportunity and she did a wonderful job.  Lots of family came to see the girls and we were happy to share this opportunity with them.  It was a once in a lifetime (or long time anyway) experience for Ellie and I hope she remembers it always!!






















No comments: