Friday, January 14, 2011

Dycus Christmas









Wow...another year of Christmas has come and gone. I have to say this was not the best year for me because I missed most of the pre-Christmas excitement due to studying ALL the time in the weeks leading up to it. I suppose it paid off by getting two A's, but it was still hard to miss the shopping!

I love Christmas time and being with family. It is not always perfect, but a great time to be together. We had the annual Christmas Eve with the Roberts family which included great food, games, and opening gifts. We all enjoyed the "As Seen On TV" exchange between the cousins. I would call it the year of the Shake -Weights :)

We went back to Grandma's house to spend the night in anticipation of Santa coming the next morning. The kids put out cookies and milk along with a note with questions for Santa from Ellie. Right before bed Ansley spread her special Reindeer food outside for the reindeer.

Everyone was excited by what Santa had brought them and we had no breakdowns, yeah!

After a great breakfast we all rested and enjoyed the new gifts. Ellie and Kayla had fun putting on a magic show from her new set, she may have a future in magic:)

We gathered again that evening for Christmas dinner (my favorite chicken dish) which included Brad and family. (This was the first time we had seen them) The food was yummy!!

The final activity was opening all of the gifts to each other and from Mom and Dad. It gets crazier each year with more people, but I really enjoy it! We all got wonderful gifts and appreciate the hard work that goes into shopping and cooking to have all of us there. I just love Christmas....

It was a fun year with both sides of the family and I am already looking forward to next year!
Oh....did I mention that I got an iphone 4 from Rick....I LOVE it and feel a part of this century now so call, text, or email me!

No comments: