Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas is coming




As Christmas approaches very quickly this year, we begin our holiday baking. Ellie created our dessert to bring to the first Warren gathering all by herself. I was struggling to come up with what to bring that would be kid friendly, but yet not cookies. Ellie was helping and decided we should make brownies with a big Santa on them. So we began and with her direction I think it turned out pretty well! A few days later we put together the gingerbread house that Nana bought for us. I gave the girls each a side to decorate, but this really concerned Ellie because she felt the house should be symmetrical. I was not surprised, she is very scientific about things. Ansley thought she should eat 4 candies for everyone she put on the house. So it went... After finishing the house, they were ready to tear it apart and eat it all. I managed to hold them off until the next day so Daddy could see their work of art. Next up...sugar cookies and nuts and bolts, my favorite!

No comments: